Welcome to the Senior Member training page! This page will be your "one-stop-shop" to meet the minimum requirements for being on staff. All of the training requirements must be completed by June 7.
ALL SENIOR MEMBERS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING TRAINING:
1) CADET PROTECTION BASIC - All Senior Members are required to have both the Cadet Protecion Basic course. The training is available online: http://www.capmembers.com/cap_university/cadet-protection-restricted-program-training-cppt/
2) CADET PROTECTION ADVANCED - TAC Officers for Encampment, Flight Training Officers (FTOs) for LDC and Senior Echelon Staff are required to have completed the Cadet Protecion Advanced course. This is primairly because these senior members have the greatest interaction with cadets undergoing Level 1 Training (see Item 8 below for this definition). As a result, these seniors need to be experts in the Cadet Protection policy. The training is available online: http://www.capmembers.com/cap_university/cadet-protection-restricted-program-training-cppt/
3) BASIC INSTRUCTOR COURSE (BIC) QUALIFIED - This course teaches the fundamentals of being an instructor. The training is available online: https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.LMS.Web/Course/course_start.aspx?c=10. This course is required by ALL Cadet Training Schools Staff Members because any staff member may be called upon to instruct a course. BIC teaches the fundamentals needed for instruction.
4) AIR FORCE DRLL AND CEREMONIES (D&C) MANUAL (AFMAN 36-2203) - The Air Force D&C Manual is the only authorized manual for drill and ceremonies. No other drill is authorized in Civil Air Patrol. The PAWG CTS team is required to master this information on Chapters 1-4. The manual is available from the Air Force website: http://www.mortuary.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-110303-025.pdf. This is required of all TAC Officers for Encampment, Flight Training Officers (FTOs) for LDC and Senior Echelon Staff.
5) REVIEW AIR FORCE OFFICER ACCESSION & TRAINING SCHOOLS (AFOATS) TRAINING MANUAL - Review Chapters 1-4. The manual is available online: http://cts.pawg.cap.gov/stafftraining/material/AFOATS_training.pdf. This is required of all TAC Officers for Encampment, Flight Training Officers (FTOs) for LDC and Senior Echelon Staff.
6) PA WING CHILD CLEARANCE COMPLETION - All senior members are required to have completed their PA Wing Child Clearences. Information on how to submit these clearances are availalble online: https://cts.pawg.cap.gov/sites/default/files/CTS%20Notification%20on%20PA%20Child%20Clearances.pdf
7) RISK MANAGEMENT BASIC & INTERMEDIATE COURSE COMPLETION - Risk is inherent in all activities, to include our Cadet Training Schools. These two courses teach our staff ways to analyze and manage risk. The training is available online: https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.SafetyMMS.Web/Modules/OnlineSafetyEducation.aspx. All senior members are required to have completed these modules.
8) REVIEW THE CADET PROTECTION POLICY ON HAZING - The Cadet Training Schools (in particular: Encampment & Leadership Development Course) practices Level 1 Training - Military Skills Instruction. Senior members must be aware of the examples of training that does and does not constitute hazing. Review pages 10-15 of CAPP 52-23, available online: http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/P052_023_7B9F3810999BF.pdf. Because all senior members will be in proximity of Encampment students while at CTS, all senior members are required to read and understand this portion of CAPP 52-23.
ALL ENCAMPMENT TAC OFFICERS, LDC FTOs AND SENIOR ECHELON STAFF MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING TRAINING:
1) COMPLETE "TRAINING LEADERS OF CADETS" (TLC) - This in-person, 2-day professional CAP training course is required for all Senior Members who primairly interact with cadets. The Encampment Training Area Coordinater (TAC) Officer and the LDC Flight Training Officer (FTO) are primary supervisors of cadets. They are required to complete the TLC course. If you have not completed this course, please contact the Director of Training, Maj Timothy Steiner (firstname.lastname@example.org).