Welcome to the 2016 Cadet Cadre training page! This page will be your "one-stop-shop" to meet the minimum requirements for being on staff. If you have any questions, please contact your immediate supervisor.
REQUIRED TRAINING (SUSPENSE: 7 JUNE 2016):
1) CADET PROTECTION BASIC QUALIFIED - Cadets age 17 and older on the day of CTS Graduation are required to have Cadet Protecion Basic Course. The training is available online: http://www.capmembers.com/cap_university/cadet-protection-restricted-program-training-cppt/. This course is required by all members who are 17 years and 6 months old (17.5 years) at the beginning of Cadet Training Schools.
2) BASIC INSTRUCTOR COURSE (BIC) QUALIFIED - This course teaches the fundamentals of being an instructor. The training is available online: https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.LMS.Web/Course/course_start.aspx?c=10. This course is required by ALL Cadet Training Schools Staff because any staff member may be called upon to instruct a course. BIC teaches the fundamentals needed for instruction.
3) AIR FORCE DRLL AND CEREMONIES (D&C) MANUAL (AFMAN 36-2203) - The Air Force D&C Manual is the only authorized manual for drill and ceremonies. No other drill is authorized in Civil Air Patrol. The PAWG CTS team is required to master this information on Chapters 1-4. The manual is available from the Air Force website: http://www.mortuary.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-110303-025.pdf. This is required of all cadet cadre (with the exception of STEM Academy cadre and medics).
4) REVIEW AIR FORCE OFFICER ACCESSION & TRAINING SCHOOLS (AFOATS) TRAINING MANUAL - Review Chapters 1-4. The manual is available online: http://cts.pawg.cap.gov/stafftraining/material/AFOATS_training.pdf. This is required of all cadet cadre (with the exception of STEM Academy cadre and medics).
5) REVIEW THE CADET STAFF HANDBOOK - Review several sections of the Civil Air Patrol cadet staff handbook. Specifically, read sections 2.1-2.3, 2.6, 2.8, 2.11 and 2.12. The manual is available online: http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/P052_015_21F7ACED34F45.pdf. This is required of all cadet cadre (with the exception of STEM Academy cadre).
6) PA WING CHILD CLEARANCE COMPLETION - Cadets age 18 and older on the day of CTS Graduation are required to have completed their PA Wing Child Clearences. Please note that the memo released earlier in the year has out-dated information. The memo says age 17 and older, but the updated requirement is members age 18 and older. Information on how to submit these clearances are availalble online: https://cts.pawg.cap.gov/sites/default/files/CTS%20Notification%20on%20PA%20Child%20Clearances.pdf
7) RISK MANAGEMENT BASIC & INTERMEDIATE COURSE COMPLETION - Risk is inherent in all activities, to include our Cadet Training Schools. These two courses teach our staff ways to analyze and manage risk. The training is available online: https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.SafetyMMS.Web/Modules/OnlineSafetyEducation.aspx. This is required of all cadet cadre.